This posy helps you to Install powerkvm machine which is just shipped from factory. Make sure to get right OPAL firmware for right version of hypervisor from partnerworld (customers)
1) PowerOn machine. Front side of the box, you find a control panel. With right set of values from manual, you will get default FSP ip.
2) Remove all HMC connections.
3) connect your laptop and FSP port using a cable. And configure your laptop with an IP in the range of default FSP IP which you got from control panel.
4) so now you can ping default FSP ip from your laptop.
5) Now open ASM using default FSP up and power off machine. The go to hypervisor mode. Change mode to powerkvm (default powervm).
6) change FSP ip in network services with desired IP.
7) open ipmi console or connect monitor to power8 box to access console.
8) install can be done using various ways : dvd/pxe/https..etc.
9) insert dvd and start install. Install goes like any other linux box.
10) during network port , make sure to select bridge on active NIC and assign static IP or DHCP.
11) installation is completed. 🙂