Once you login to Redhat Satellite server
1) Create/Choose Organization if you wish to use other than default organization.
2) Import Manifest to get access to Redhat content
Content-> Redhat Subscription -> Browse ->upload manifest
Manifest successfully imported.
3) Enable repositories to sync from Redhat Content delivery network (CDN)
Content -> Redhat Repositories
And then respective repos: rpms, source rpms, isos, docker stuff ..etc
For ex: rpms -> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server (RPMs)
And required version
4) Now Syncronize
Select the repo which you enabled and then “Sync now”
it will take little time based on your network.
5) Then make content view available for systems.
Content -> Content views -> Create a content view
And select the repositories from the list.
Once its added, you can view this under List/Remove
6) Then publish a new version into library. Then all systems subscribed to library environment.
7) Then promote this to other environment if needed. For ex; Dev, QA..etc
8) Activate keys to register systems
content -> Activation keys-> new activation key -> Add
9) Once done with setting up activation key:
install certification rpm system which needs to be registered.
Run the command listed in “details” on system which needs to be registred to environment.
For ex: subscription-manager register –org=”demo” –activationkey=”rhel6.6″
10) yum repolist should show satelitte repo.
11) Go ahead and install packages.