Here are few Performance and Scaling tools
Continuous time-series metric collection of Satellite & all Capsules are essential while satellite running at scale.
This post is helps to configure & monitor metrics using satellite-performance
- Collectd – Daemon to collect System Performance Statistics
- Collects CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, Per Process stats (Regex), Postgresql, mongodb, turbostat, qpid, foreman, DynFlow, Passenger, Puppet, Tomcat, collectd..etc
- Carbon receives metrics, and flushes them to whisper database files
- Graphite is webapp frontend to carbon
- Grafana – Visualize metrics from multiple backends.
- Dashboards saved in json and customized by Ansible during deployment
3) How do i configure performance?
Archit has come up with a nice blog for configuration
Description of metrics collected in satperf:
Monitoring Setup: http://arcolife.github.io/blog/2016/08/22/setting-up-collectd-plugins-for-red-hat-satellite-with-graphite-and-grafana/
4) Example Graphs
4.1 ) Passenger Mem
4.2) Postgresql DB (candlepin & foreman)
4.3) Candlepin DB
4.4) Puppet Registrations
4.2) Dynflow Mem
Thanks to Archit, Jhutar for providing inputs & help!